Thursday, July 7, 2011

my writing process

I often don't know what I'm going to write about each day when I tap "new post" on Blogger. In fact most days I don't even "feel" like writing, but I do it anyway. Each night I lay in my bed, one eye buried in the pillow with the other eye ablaze with the light of my phone from which I write. I know. How lazy can a person be?

But what amazes, probably no one but myself, is that more often than not, I publish something each weekday. There is some drive from within that types the words out at night, in bed, when I should be sleeping. It is in the quietness of the night, the aloness of a house darkened and hushed. It is perhaps the only part of my day that I am free to be with my thoughts- inbetween slumber and my daily routine.

Tip of the Day: Keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment