Tuesday, August 23, 2011

the day that felt like summer

In my mind there are only about 10-15 days per year in Portland, Oregon that feel like summer. Today was one of them, and it was fun. Despite the fact that I'm overtired and working more than usual, the blond fox and I managed to bust up the routine that makes up our life and have a little fun.

We enjoy the simple things- like a $3 salad and a $5 soup & sandwhich at happy hour, followed by an evening walk, a gaze at the sun setting at dusk on the not-so-secret NoPo bluff and a game of tether ball to round out the evening.

I'll let the reader assign labels, and make some meaning of all these words. Meanwhile, I will settle in for an evening nap with a slight breeze floating over my face that breathes the last few breaths of summer before the long, neverending season of cloudy rain settles in for her annual visit.

Thought of the Evening: Slaap lekker.

No comments:

Post a Comment