Thursday, March 10, 2011

When Life Get's in Your Way

One of the lessons I got out of the process of writing a book was a lesson in: “How to achieve your goal, when life get’s in your way.”  For me, life is my 9-5 day job, my two hour bus commute each day, the time I spend reading blogs online, watching movies, paying bills, hanging out with friends, cooking meals, thinking about what to bring to a party…the list goes on. 

All of these things are distractions and take up a lot of my time. However I realized that by re-prioritizing some of these things, I do have  spare time that can be used creatively.
I have to consciously remind myself, many times a day, that I want to spend my spare time writing, reading and moving around/ exercising.  I hope eventually this becomes a habit, but for now it is an active process. 
 Thought of the Day: What are you doing in your spare time?

No comments:

Post a Comment