Monday, March 14, 2011

Mindful Monday :: Surrendering

Today I surrender my body and mind to the universe and I fill myself with love and prayers for the people of Japan.

In light of all the tradgedy that occurred in Japan, Carolyn Myss recently wrote the following in a newsletter: 

"The fear, pain, and grief of the thousands of people is unimaginable. We learn from this tragedy once again that the life we awaken to each morning may well be completely different by the end of the day. We kid ourselves by telling ourselves that we are in charge of the length of our lifetime. We are not.

We must learn from this event in Japan that we can be with the Japanese community of people through prayer, through e-mail, through FB in an instant. We are truly learning an enormous cosmic truth: We are one."

So easy to forget, how quickly life can change....

Thought of the Day: A prayer for those who are suffering

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading your book! I love your writing style, it felt like a conversation. Made me think for sure but I don't want to give much thought to failures, I tend to think more about what hasn't been completed yet - which I guess is sort of a failure... Thanks for writing the book it has gotten into my head and I think the 5 minutes at night unplugged will serve me well :)

    ReplyDelete