Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wasteful Worrying

Over the last few months I have been worrying about something- the kind of worry that just sits in your mind turning backflips and such.

I am waiting for an answer, an ok. In my mind once I get the "ok" I can move on with the rest of my life. This is built up big time in my mind.

However today, I realized (once again), that after this worry comes and goes, a new worry, while perhaps not as heavy, will hold my mind hostage once again.

Whether I get my "ok" or not for this particular worry, what I need to remind myself moving forward, is to practice non-worry no matter what comes my way in this journey that is my life.

For me non-worry is cultivating a peaceful state of mind. I do this through meditation, writing and intentional prayer.

Tip of the Day: Practice non-worry

No comments:

Post a Comment