Friday, March 11, 2011

just because you are vegan, doesn't mean you are healthy

I have been mostly vegan for a little over three months. For the most part, it has been pretty easy. However this doesn't always mean that eating vegan is healthful; it is very easy to snack on chips, vegan versions of pizza and mac and cheese, soy chai lattes, gluten-filled fake meats on messy sandwiches smeared with vegansise and earth balance and the list goes on.
What is harder to do is eat healthy fruits and veggies and whole grains.

I find that when I start my day ofF with some fruit, yougurt and cereal, it is much easier to continue eating healthful throughout the day. However, when I start my day off with a bagel and tofutti I just end up craving junk and sugar for the rest of the day.

Tip of the Day: Start your day off with a piece of fruit.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder! I ate a piece of fruit this morning.

    ReplyDelete