Tuesday, March 1, 2011

From the Heart

"Work is not a curse or a misfortune, as some people think, but rather, if it comes from the heart it is love made visible."
- The owner of Nicholas Restaurant in Portland, OR (a fabulous Lebanese Restaurant)


This quote is beautiful and relevant. So many of us are out of touch with our heart. We have separated heart from mind and are therefore disconnected from our work.

Each day I try to put a litle bit more of my heart into my work and life. The problem is, I've been trained to rely on my mind which is a faulty machine when it is not aligned with my heart.

Sometimes it feels as if I've lost all connection with my heart, but then occasionally I'm reminded of all the love I have to give and my mind is silent. It is for these moments I live for. They serve as a reminder to try and reconnect as often as I can.

Tip of the Day: Let your heart guide you

No comments:

Post a Comment