Monday, February 28, 2011

Mindful Monday : reflections and thoughts


I really love to just sit in a cafe and read and write. Lucky for me there are a couple of great ones near my home in North Portland. 

So, the end of February is here and I'm reflecting on what I did and did not do. This month has been a period of many endings, as well as new beginnings. I closed bloop oatmeal cart, but I have undertaken a consistent blog writing habit. I have been great about putting more fruit and vegetables into my mouth each day, but terrible about exercising on a consistent basis.

Regardless of what I have or have not done, I am increasingly aware of what I am choosing to do/ not do and spend my time on/ not spend my time on.

While I have been mindful about my actions and choices this past month, I am just learning the art of being mindful with my thoughts. Wow...that was a mouthful!

This March I plan to spend the next month observing my thoughts. This should be interesting.

Thought of the Day: What are the thoughts rolling around your mind lately?

3 comments:

  1. I have also become increasingly aware of what I have or have not accomplished throughout the last year and a half.

    What I am working on now is to not get down on myself over those things which I take longer to do. And also learning how to self-motivate better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly Jenn!! Keep going !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being mindful of what I do and do not do, and being mindful of what I WANT to be doing is a big part of what I'm trying to do too! Definitely a step in the right direction in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete