Friday, February 11, 2011

Food Friday :: oh yea!

I thought I would share a few of my own eating habits with you all today. As a vegan, and as you know, one of my goals is to eat greens everyday. I do this along with trying to eat more colors everyday, some fruit... Just generally more healthy.

Ok so here goes....

So most days I start my day with either a peppermint tea or a soy chai latte while I write my thoughts down for the day. Then I proceed to make myself a bowl of granola with soy yogurt and either prunes, bananas, apple or all three.

At around noon I dive into either a kale or spinach salad proceeded by some hummus. Mid-afternoon I either indulge in some fruit, a bar of some sort, some chocolate or nuts. By the end of the day I am starving and ready for a good home-cooked meal or some good vegan junk food, which lucky for me, is easy to find in Portland!

I recently deterred from full veganism on my 4 year anniversary ( <3!!!my boyfriend is not a vegan ) and I actually missed my mostly vegan existance. Since becoming a full vegan I feel lighter, less bloated and in general, just better!

Tip of the day: Experiment with your eating habits; how do you feel ?

No comments:

Post a Comment