Thursday, February 17, 2011

Routine Mind

Every morning when the alarm goes off, there is a split second I feel nothing. And then the reality of getting up and starting my day hits me and immediately my mind comfortably sinks into a well-established routine that is deeply etched in my brain.

I spoon my boyfriend and we both mildly complain for two rounds of snooze. Then I get out of my bed and walk across the room to shut the window because I like to sleep in the cold. I think about socks at this point because the floorboards are freezing since the window has been open all night. I fish out some socks from my drawer and throw on some clothes.

I head for the bathroom where I put in my eyes, wash my face, and brush my teeth along with some other crap. At this point Matt joins me in the bathroom and we remind one another that we are sooo tired out loud.

I scurry across the house to the kitchen to grab my lunch from the fridge and heat up some hot water. Then
I grab my things, put on my shoes, pour my hot water, and Matt and I head out the door. This routine takes 20 minutes. And for every second of that 20 minutes, I repeat both aloud and in my head how cold and tired I am like a busted record. Matt usually joins in at the chorus.

Just for fun, tomorrow I am going to say how nice and warm it is in the house and how wide awake I am, over and over and over.

Tip of the Day: bust up your mind's routine.

4 comments:

  1. For me it changed when I started the routine of focusing on dreams and visions I had during the night... Even if in the beginning nothing may come to mind, I assure you that after a while you have the most interesting tales to tell each other every morning about your dreamtime adventures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh.. how did you know? I dreamed a dream that seemed to last all night and changed my morning in a very yummy way;) I woke up before the alarm went off.....;) see you in dreamland my friend from across the sea !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i'm visiting from Erika's blog. I like your writing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting Felicity. I am glad you like my writing!!

    ReplyDelete