Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Have you ever felt like this?

As soon as I have something really important to do, there are immediately at least 20 other things I feel like I must do first. My mind is wired  to tell me this. Suddenly, washing the dishes sounds awesome! I get excited to clean the house! Or... I get manic and feel like I must do the laundry, check twitter, get a glass of water, etc.

Take tonight for instance. I had one priority: to get some paperwork together. I was only able to start my "gathering process" after I had a glass of water and checked my e-mail. Why? I have NO idea.

Then, I justified waiting until my bus ride tomorrow morning to write the e-mail that will accompany the paperwork. What the? Wheh? For what reason?  For NO reason at all, other than I decided it was more important to clean out my fridge, tidy the kitchen and bedroom and write this blog post first. Ha! 

SoOo RiDiCuLous.

For some great tips on how to fight procrastination, a.k.a. the resistance, check out Maria Forleo here

Thought of the Day: What do you really want/ need to be doing?
Tip of the Day: Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment