Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lemons

Sometimes I just want to punch someone. Today was one of those days. There was nothing particularily wrong with today, it was just... well.. Filled with a series of annoying mini events that culminated in an end of the day funky funk, i.e., the dreaded kat "dill pickle."

Most annoying, was a bus ride home that was jam packed, making each stop seem like a frickin' 30 minute television episode. The horizontally endowed man next to me, who with each breath expanded and plunged his body further into my personal space, so much so that there was skin to "forceful" skin contact, forcing me into the crevice between the seat and the window. This, coupled with a continuous blast of AC across my face despite the ever descending evening temperature, almost forced me to jump ship early and walk the rest of the way home. Luckily there is a brew pub at the end of my daily bus trek.

And here is where this story should end: me happily sipping on an adult beverage, with a sunset in the background and a nice relaxing evening to follow. But the thing about conventional living, is that there is always something more to do- tend the garden, pay a bill, deal with something or other that comes up, pack for a trip, figure out a gift for a friend, respond to a social request, etc., etc. And if you are not careful, this mundane routine can cause even the best - intentioned individual to stray from what is really important. What is that? You tell me.

Thought of the Day: Stay focused, especially during lemon attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment