Monday, January 17, 2011

Do something, even if it's wrong

When I was a kid my dad had a Budweiser sign hanging in our garage next to the door that read: do something, even if it's wrong. As a 7-year-old, I didn't know what to make of this; why would I want to do something wrong? Finally, one day I asked my Dad and he explained it to me.
I have since forgotten his explanation to my 7-year-old self, so I called him up this evening and asked him.

-------------------------------------

Me: Hey Dad, you know that Budweiser sign you have hanging in the garage that says, do something even if it's wrong? (By the way, that sign is still hanging in my Dad's garage).

Dad: Yea.

Me:Well, what does that mean exactly?

Dad:It means, don't sit on your ass doing nothing. Or, if you have 4 or 5 things to do, don't sit there and waste your time trying to figure out what to do first.

Me: Ah yes, you know, as a seven-year-old, reading that sign always perplexed me. I could never figure out why anyone should do something even if it's wrong.

Dad: oh, well, it doesn't mean you should stick up a 7-11 or anything (me: thinking in my head... yes dad, I know this..I am 28..).

Dad: Hmph... maybe it should say..start soon and work fast.

-------------------------------------

Today is the first post of many I hope to write. My goal with this blog is to DO SOMETHING, i.e., stick to a solid posting/ writing schedule. May I remember my Dad's advice as my days go by.

Tip of the Day: Start soon and work fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment