Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wholehearted

"To thine ownself be true." -William Shakespeare
"Know thyself" -Ancient Greek Aphorism

All good in theory, but what if you don't know yourself?

What if you are stuck in the inbetween of the living. For years I have tried to figure out what I want to do with my life professionally. Throughout our schooling and career counseling we are given career interest inventories and the Myers Briggs Personality Test, all in the name of helping guide us on our career paths.

Yet why are so mnay people unhappy with their jobs? And for those that say they are happy, why are so many professionals addicted, obese, heavily medicated and/ or overly stressesd?

For many years I have floundered about from city to city, job to job, searching for work that brings out my authentic self and provides a sense of purpose.

And the more I struggle outwardly to find a purpose, the more I realize that my truth lies inward, somewhere inbetween my breath and and heartbeat, quietly waiting in the interior of my soul for mind and body to start living whole-heartedly.

And while I am far from living a wholehearted life, I know that it exists. Tomorrow I will share some of my tips and strategies for listening to the heart deep within.

Thought of the day: Are you living a wholehearted or a broken hearted
life?

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, I feel like I truly didn't start living until maybe 6-7 years ago... when I woke up! Live life take chances.

    ReplyDelete