Thursday, January 20, 2011

Keep Going

Perserverence is not a long race; it is many short races one after another
-Walter Elliott, The Spiritual Life

The quote above is to remind myself that I must keep going with this blog. It is easy to feel a sense of finality after an accomplishment, or completion of a task, and so hard to maintain a pattern of continuous growth. For example, I was very excited about my first post on Monday. On Tuesday, after messing around on the internet, I managed to write something that I was pleased with. However, yesterday's post seemed like such a chore! And today, despite a notebook full of blog sketches, I arrived home from work after a long day and a long bus ride, to a cold, empty, messy house, hungry and in full dill pickle mode.

So with this post, I am once again re-affirming my committment to write every week day and continue to find my online voice. Perhaps this blog is a lesson in character building. I am disciplining myself to write and publish on a daily basis, in spite of myself!

I will train myself to develop the habits I so desire to embody. Today I choose grace.


Tip of the day: Don't stop. Keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment