Monday, January 24, 2011

Mindful Monday

Why is it so hard to live the life we want?

My ultimate goal is to live a simple life. Truly. I aim to fill my days with my favorite people, good food, reading, writing, travel, long walks and learning new things. 

These are the things that are most important to me, yet how many hours of my day to I actually spend on these goals? If I am lucky maybe one? I have spent the better part of the last two years of my life doing the following: working full time in a cubicle, commuting by bus two hours a day, and coming home to make dinner, do some chores (laundry, washing the dishes), maybe watch some tube and then do it again. After two years of this, my life is starting to feel like the movie Groundhog Day... on fast forward.

While I am all about making drastic changes in life, sometimes that is not an option. And so this year, I have created a list of resolutions to take small steps on a daily basis to start to change my life. These resolutions are inspired by the book, The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin . I am reading this book with my art group and last Saturday we all shared our resolutions. See mine below!



Thought of the day: What small steps can I take today to start living the life I aspire to?



2 comments:

  1. :) I think the first baby step I took to leave my cubicle job was allowing myself to be happy in a career that I wanted even it wasn't cookie cutter.

    Kat you will make it, you are far too talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...thanks for the words of inspiration Erica! And the words of wisdom!... Allowing ourselves to be happy with what we want to pursue is an important first step and often very difficult.

    ReplyDelete