Friday, January 21, 2011

Food Friday and Eating Green

Who doesn't love food? Or at least obsess over it!
One of my resolutions this year (the full list to come next week) is to eat something green everyday. Specifically, my focus will be on kale and spinach, as in a salad or kale wrap of some sort. 

One of the reasons I am interested in eating healthier is because my cholesterol is higher than what is considered average. The last time I visited my doctor, she expressed her concern and spoke to me about the possibility of a cholesterol lowering drug. That is really not an option for me right now, especially at age 29! I am not interested in starting a drug regime that could potentially last for the rest of my life. I have done a lot of reading on the subject and am determined to lower my cholesterol safely through adjustments to my eating habits.

Since eating healthy is a difficult habit to develop, I am determined to eat more and not worry so much about substracting foods from my life. The goal is to introuduce a few culinary items, sourced directly from nature, into my tummy each month for the rest of the year.

Thought of the day: Maybe eating healthy wouldn't be so difficult if we focused on eating more, instead of eating less.

No comments:

Post a Comment